2016 Application Materials
High school juniors that identify as African American and/or Jewish from throughout the Greater Philadelphia area are invited to apply each fall for the OU Ambassadors program. We welcome applicants from the City of Philadelphia and from school districts that border the City of Philadelphia in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey to apply.
OU seeks applicants who:
- demonstrate leadership ability
- exhibit strong verbal communication skills
Every effort is made to select a diverse group of participants who represent a variety of neighborhoods, cultural/religious experiences and economic backgrounds.
- possess the desire and/or ability to work with others to promote understanding
The program is free to all participants, ability to pay is not a factor in the selection process.
If invited for an interview - applicants and a legal guardian are required to attend an information session prior to selection weekend. Location information will be sent to invitees via email.
Applicants must be able to be available for an interview during selection weekend. Please be prepared to be available for at least 1.5 hours during that weekend. Sign up for interviews will take place at the information session and information regarding the location of information session, interviews and all other details will be provided at that time. This information will not be published.
Please Read Our Application Information Sheet
The following items need to be filled out and submitted by March 15th:
- Application: Available in paper or electronically.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a teacher or school counselor. If your recommender has any questions, he/she is welcome to contact OU at email@example.com.
- Parent Consent Form (included with the paper application)
- Official School Transcript